As I continue to reach my goals, I have learned a lot thus far. I realize that integrating technology into my assessments is not as daunting as I once thought. I thought that it would be something my first graders would struggle with. I realized that it could be an assessment using common software or tools. I actually am incorporating Kidpix with my plants unit. Students have to design a picture integrating all of the important components that plants need to survive. I have also learned a lot about integrating new multimedia tools. I have gotten a lot of feedback and ideas from my peers about what will be workable with first graders. My goal of integrating two new programs or websites in a year is something I have not met yet but I feel that I am on my way. I have showed my students powerpoint and I also want to introduce Voicethreads.
The next NETS-T goal that I would like to set is to engage in professional growth and leadership. I think one thing I have gained from my graduate work is a lot of knowledge. I have enjoyed being able to share that with my peers. I am working on trying to get some training through my county. I have run into some stumbling blocks within my county as far as Internet access. I would be interested to find out what are some ideas the county has to integrating technology within the limitations. My way to reach this goal is to sign up for one professional learning opportunity over the summer.
Wednesday, February 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

It sounds like you are off to a great start with integrating technology into your assessments. Anything new can be daunting but you should be commended for trying. That is something that this program allows us to do, is to try new things and to see where they lead us.
ReplyDeleteI agree with you about collaborating with peers. I have also started to pursue that NETS-T. I am starting to organize a technology committee at our school for next year to really delve deeper into technology in the classrooms and see if we can get more teachers comfortable with the various technologies as well.
Amanda,
ReplyDeleteWay to go! I am glad you have had a change of heart about technology and assessment. I was in your same boat but have found it has actually made my life easier! I love the idea of integrating KidPix in your lessons. It is a program many of them are already familiar with so using it as the first stepping stone was a great choice. I am interested to hear how the VoiceThreads go. I am also about to use them with my second graders so we should be experiencing many of the same challenges. Good luck as you continue with your existing goals and gear up to tackle new ones. Keep up the good work!
Ashley