Sunday, February 28, 2010

Integrating Technology Across the Content Areas Reflection

This course has really helped me organize my thoughts and future goals I would like to apply in the classroom. The GAME Plan is a great tool for not only setting goals, but making sure those goal are carried out. I feel like the GAME plan is something that allows the goal setter to reflect and make changes if something is not working. That is something that I really appreciated because when setting goals sometimes things do not work out the way you think and the flexibility of the GAME plan process really makes it easier to apply.

The GAME plan focused around the NET-S, which really helped me focus on how I can use technology to impact my classroom and prepare my students for the future. The 21st century skills that the NET-S lays out are integral for having a well rounded classroom. I realize the the GAME plan and the idea laid out by NET-S is something that is not only useful for the teacher, but something that the students could apply in their lives as well. The GAME plan is something that could be applied to any goal setting situation for any age.

Another thing I learned from this course is the value that technology can add to learning. I really enjoyed putting together the three lesson plans that used technology integration. Social networking, problem based learning and digital storytelling are all things that I will take back to my classroom. Each component helped me to create a well-rounded science unit that I believe my students will enjoy and learn a lot in the process. Overall, this course has helped me become a better goal setter and learn even more the impact that technology can have in the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment