Sunday, February 28, 2010

Reaching and Engaging All Learners through Technology Reflection

This course has taught me so much in regards to individualizing instruction and reaching all learners. One way that I gained a great deal of knowledge was by being a member of the Differentiation Station social network. Our group really bounced a lot of great ideas and resources off of each other. There was great websites given that I will use in the future to help me with UDL and DI. I also liked the survey websites given in one of the earlier application. These websites gave vital tools on getting to know my students and what their needs are socially and academically. The social networking is something I can also take back to my classroom. I see the value of sharing ideas and learning with others and it is something I believe my students would benefit from greatly.

There are many things that I have learned that I have and will bring back to the classroom. I see the benefits that technology has on individualizing instruction and meeting the needs of my students. I think one way I have already changed is not being so rigid in product. I used to not give my students the opportunity to choose how they would present their knowledge. I have learned through this class the importance of allowing students to express what they have learned in a way that best suites their learning needs. I think technology really allows the students to have multiple outlets in showing their learning.

Also, technology allows the teacher to manipulate what is presented to the student. I feel like I can be a better teacher because through technology, I can individualize instruction. Next year, I want to use tumble books. These online books allow me to highlight certain content to meet the needs of the different level readers represented in the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment